July 18, 2018
Join us for a fun day! Immerse yourself in weaving and create an easy-to-make bread basket using natural and smoked reed materials. The basket’s simplicity is accentuated by a row of braiding using 3 narrow weavers. In this workshop students will learn simple plaiting, shaping, braiding, and creating perfect rims. The bread basket will be 8” x 8” x 5” high. This workshop is for all levels of experience
Location: Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea (Conference Room) - 200 Artisan Way
Registration: Berea Festival of Learnshops
• Date/Time: July 18th from 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
• Break: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM (1.5 hours)
• Total Hours: 6 hours
• Price: $94.00 (Includes all materials.) (See Notes Below - Participants must bring a container for water and if possible the other tools as listed in the Notes below.)
• Age: 18 & Up
• Difficulty: All levels
• Class Size: 12 Max
• Take Home: A completed bread basket 8” x 8” x 5” high.
• Notes: Participants must bring a container for water (2 gallon size). If possible, participants should bring a pencil, scissors, spray bottle for water, flexible tape measure, a dozen spring-type clothespins, a dozen cable ties, an old towel, apron, packing tool. Tools will be available for use for anyone who cannot bring these items.
• NOTE TO EDUCATORS: Educators attending this session will receive access to cross-curricular resources, suggested classroom activities based on skills and concepts covered in session, and a certificate of participation for Professional Learning documentation.
No customer reviews for the moment.